Jeromy and I were engaged in April 2016, because we knew that our engagement would be short due to the fact that my father is barreling stage 4 cancer, I knew I didn't have a lot of time to plan the wedding of our dreams or to do a ton of research. I'm extremely thankful that the wedding community that we are a part of here in Temecula Valley took us under their wing! We set our date, September 3, 2016! Yup just over 4 months to pull off an amazing wedding ... I know we are a little crazy, I'll own that!
I dove right in to getting Jeromy and I a wedding website so that we could share all the fun details of our wedding festivities with the masses all at one time. Our family and friends are scattered around the country, getting them the info they needed was top on my list. Plus, I needed an easy to use site for our guests as well.
I gave myself only one day to do the research for the best site I could find. I needed the following:
1. Easy to use
2. Cheap or better yet free seeing that we don't have much to spend
3. A website we can upload photos to
4. A website that can host or link our gift registries to
5. A site guests can RSVP to
I found so many wedding websites, my head honestly started spinning. Most of them had elaborate set ups and as someone who has experience building websites I'm not going to like I was in heaven with all the fun details I could add. However some weren't going to be that user friendly for Jeromy to use and update if needed so I passed on them.
Then there were tons and I mean TONS of sites that were charging a lot! Prices typically ranged from $15-39 for initial set up, some us reoccurring cost and others were $100+. Not one of those sites really did anything that special or over the top that the others didn't do for less cost.
Here's a few I tested ...
We went with mywedding.com because they offered an easy to use site that was FREE! You've got enough to pay for with your upcoming wedding, don't waste your money on monthly website service charges. Plus, there are thousands of local wedding vendors listed to help you put together the wedding of your dreams all listed in one place, making this site extremely helpful when looking to save time!
Top 10 Reasons Why We Picked MyWedding.com to Host Our Wedding Website
1. Create free unique to you wedding website
2. Easy to use and quick site set up
3. 600+ beautifully designed templates
4. Personalize your wedding website address
5. Intuitive website builder walks you through step-by-step
6. Use your site to communicate with guests
7. Track and manage RSVPs from one place
8. Share your photos and details with guests
9. Set up a guest book
10. Set up your gift registries and communicate
Want some inspiration!?
Check out ours today mywedding.com/jeromyandheather
Heather J. Keys
Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar Photographer specializing in YOUR story.